About Sopris Homes
29 years of building high-performance Colorado homes
Different in just about everything we do.
Everybody talks about quality. At Sopris, we pride ourselves on going beyond quality and focusing on excellence. You get a team of perfectionists passionately committed to designing and building your dream home.
Our goal is to work closely with you to create timeless designs, both inside and out. We know your new home must be inviting and comfortable as well as a personal statement about you and your lifestyle.
Our team of leading architects, engineers, interior design consultants and exterior colorists will create your perfect blend of art and science.
We take great pride in the luxury homes we build and our collective achievements; including being one of only a handful of U.S. EPA’s exclusive Energy Star builders in the state. We construct all of our homes to exceed the latest International Energy Conservation Code. Sopris Homes is one of a handful of Colorado custom home builders to build all of their homes to meet and carry the E-Star Colorado 5-Star rating and the Energy Star label. In addition we build many complete Net Zero Homes throughout the Colorado Front Range.
These collective standards create a safer, more comfortable and longer lasting home that has greater value to you and your family.
As you learn more and come visit one of our models it will become apparent that Sopris Homes are built better and that there is a “Sopris difference” in just about everything we do. Come see for yourself what quality construction and superior design and true passion for excellence can mean to you and your family. The following short list is just the beginning.
We give priority attention to sealing traditional problem areas such as cantilevered floors, house and garage connections, attic passageways and bathtubs, fireplace and exterior walls. Prior to closing, every home is “tightness tested” to Sopris’ – and your – high standards.
Every exterior wall is sprayed with superior high-tech insulation (no fiberglass insulation batts here!). Floors above garage ceilings are dense-packed with blown insulation to ensure full coverage, eliminating the chance for outdoor air to bypass insulation as well as reducing outside noise.
The furnaces we install exceed 90 percent efficiency and air conditioners are 13 SEER minimum. Heating and cooling equipment are right-sized according to detailed energy calculations to maximize efficiency, performance and comfort.
Multi-Zone Heating and Cooling
To achieve optimum comfort and temperature consistency, Sopris installs separately controlled heating and cooling equipment on every floor of finished living space.
Custom Duct Work
To ensure a healthier and more energy efficient system, all duct work is specifically engineered for each home plan and all heating and cooling is done through ducts, not building cavities. And as part of our comfort guarantee, we carefully seal every duct and then test for tightness.
Sopris’ ventilation system supplies fresh filtered air throughout your home, giving you clean air confidence and superior indoor air quality whether the windows are open or not!
To improve the quality of indoor air, all water heaters, furnaces and fireplaces are sealed-combustion, eliminating the risk of pulling dangerous combustion gases down flues and into your home.
Exterior Drainage Plane
Offering a major durability and mold prevention advantage, we install drainage planes to avoid water infiltration. Your home will be covered with a layer of waterproof material behind all siding, stucco and masonry, significantly reducing potential leakage and mold problems from rain and snow.
What is a Green Built Home?
Sopris Homes was a founding member of Built Green Colorado. Introduced in 1995, Built Green Colorado was one of first and largest green home building programs in the nation. A voluntary industry-driven program of the Home Builders Association of Metro Denver offered to builders across the state, the purpose of Built Green Colorado is to encourage home builders to use technologies, products and practices that result in homes that are better built and better for the environment.
There are many benefits to building or buying a Built Green home. Some of the most compelling are:
- Better energy efficiency means comfort and savings for the homeowner and less pollution for the earth.
- Healthier indoor air means comfort, health and peace of mind for the family.
- Reduced water usage means savings for the homeowner, less strain on our limited water supplies.
- Preserving natural resources means leaving more for future generations to enjoy.
- Durable materials means reduced maintenance, savings and more leisure time for the home owner.
The Sopris Difference
What You Can Count On
What you can count on.
- An individual and highly personalized building process for your home.
- The benefits of custom builder flexibility with volume builder efficiencies.
- Unparalleled personalized service and guidance throughout the entire process.
- Established communication guidelines that enable us to meet your expectations every step of the way.
- Ability to customize your dream home’s exterior and interior design and finishes.
- The first builder in Colorado to offer a comfort guarantee through a partnership with Environments for Living™.
- One of the most comprehensive 7-Year limited warranties in the industry.
- A perfectionist minded team committed to building long-lasting relationships.